Thursday, March 02, 2006

New Running Toy

I received a new running toy on Monday. The Polar RS200 with footpod. It measures speed, distance and heartrate. The best part is that all my data can be downloaded to my computer and an online training diary via the microphone on my computer. This system is much less expensive than a lot of the GPS and other systems out there at $199 (I got it for less at RRS with discounts). Has some cool features like an autolap feature that will record lap times at whatever distance you set it at, or a feature that will turn on the backlight, take a lap or do one of several other things if you bring the watch close to the heart strap. I haven't calibrated the footpod, and I think it is actually over-estimating how far I am running. One thing I was suprised by is how high my heart rate is when I feel like I am running "easy". I am not sure what I am going to do with this information yet though, as I feel like if I slow down more, I will be going impossibly slow.

No comments: