Sunday, April 08, 2007

Projects on my needles

With a few unfinished projects now successfully finished, and inspiration in the form of a knitting group I have started attending on Tuesday evenings, I have some grand projects on the horizon.

I am currently working on a poncho that I knit very quickly on Size 13 Needles in Caron Simply Soft. I am done with the knitting aspect, and am now putting fringe on the edges. The only tough part of this project will be the crochet neckline. My friend Jackie, a skilled crocheter is going to guide me through it.

Next, I am planning my first adult-sized sweater. I have been eying the "Not Your Standard Issue Sweatshirt" pattern from Yarn Girls' Guide to Beyond the Basics. I bought the yarn last week from Knit Picks. Main Line in Red Velvet Cake. I am knitting a swatch and so far love this yarn. very soft: part cotton, part wool. And who can beat Knit Picks prices?

No comments: