Friday, August 24, 2007

Frogged!

Here is a first for me. Ever finished an entire project and then frogged the whole thing!?

My most recent fruit cap was frogged and restarted this morning. I think I must have made an accidental decrease or just simply cast on the wrong number of stitches in the beginning. I attempted to m1 to fix it so I would have the correct number of stitches going into the leaves at the top, but in my haste I did it incorrectly and ended up with a large hole. This combined with some earlier stitches that looked funny, I attempted to rip back to before that funny stitches (about half the hat, only to discover that I still had the wrong number of stitches and ripped out the whole thing and recast-on. Luckily its a small and quick project, so it won't take me too long to finish it again.

In more happy news, I am finally feeling like I am getting the hang of lace knitting. I worked on Branching Out for awhile last night, and I feel like I am starting to understand what I am doing, although I still don't think I would do well at unknitting mistakes, so I am still using dental floss for lifelines.

No comments: