Sunday, January 10, 2010

Seam away


It has become apparent to me that I avoid seaming to the detriment of my unfinished projects. Remember when this was blocking back in August? Yes, August. I just finished seaming it up and sewing the ribbon and buttons on yesterday. It only took me 5 months to get to it.



I finally had to forbid myself to knit anything else until I buckled down and took care of this long overdue task.

And although I really don't like seaming, I love the end result of seaming and love watching the raw seperate pieces turn into a beautiful finished product.


Pattern: Smock Coat by Debbie Bliss from Simply Baby
Size: 12-18 months
Made for: Baby G.
Yarn: Knit Picks Shine Sport; Colorway - Fedora
10 Skeins
Needle: US Size 2 and 4 Addi Turbos
Started: October 12, 2008
Completed: January 9, 2010


Shine Sport is so increadibly soft and I love the end result of this jacket, but the seed stitch was a little tedious at times.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: