Thursday, December 21, 2006

I Like You


I recently bought the new Amy Sedaris book I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence.

Laugh out loud funny and I was reminded of my friend Adrienne while reading through it. Adrienne is a fantastic cook, and although this book wouldn't neccessarily assist her in that realm, I think she would find it humourous in the same way that I am.

Here is an example of Sedaris' suggested invitation wording: "We are having a barbeque on Saturday the 4th of Julune and would love for you to come. The charcoal will be glowing by two! Bring one of your children."

The book is brimming with dry wit, and is at points what is true about the ettiquette of hospitality, but which no one would dare say out loud! Although it is meant to be funny, much of what Amy writes has a hint of truth to it.

I highly reccommend this to anyone who appreciates the Daily Show/Colbert Report type humor.

No comments: