Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Christmas Fun

Saw this on another blog and thought it was fun so here goes:
'Tis the Season to be NICE!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Paper
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial
3. When do you put up the tree? shortly after Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? Whenever I get around to it, but usually by the 1st or 2nd week in January
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Too many to choose
7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Yes a beautiful Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus, a gift from in-laws
8. Hardest person to buy for? DH
9. Easiest person to buy for? CS
10. Worst Christmas Gift you ever received? It must have been bad enough that I never used/wore it because I can't remember.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Grinch, of course!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? This year it was October, but I am usually last minute (like the last week before Christmas, unlike my crazy husband, who likes to go Christmas Eve!)
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, I would feel too guilty
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Godiva Chocolate and my dad's pancakes when I wake up. Oh and duck....definitely duck.
16 Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear
17. Favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Bells
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Prefer to stay home, but travel right now to be with family since both my hubby's parents and mine don't live in the area.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? _Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Doner,Rudolph, Vixen, Cupid, Blitzen....I don't think thats all of them though.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither, a pointy ceramic thing
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? So many people in the stores, and the christmas stuff thats been out since about Labor Day. I want to appreciate Christmas, not be inundated with retail merchandising for 6 months out of the year.
23. What is the "corniest" family tradition you do, or miss doing? My parents always used to give my sister and I matching pajamas on Christmas Eve. It was the only gift we got to open on Christmas eve, and it was always the one from Mom & Dad instead of Santa.
24. What is the worst thing you've seen related to Christmas?- I hate the inflatable lawn ornaments. So corny!
25. Which looks best theme trees or homey trees? Homey
26. Gingerbread or sugar cookies? Sugar
27. Do you like Fruitcake? Nope. Definitely not a tradition in my family.

No comments: