Monday, December 17, 2007

Lace Obsessed


Some recent lace yarn I obtained at Rosie's Yarn Cellar today. Misti Alpaca....so soft, and doesn't break the bank either.


I also ordered the flower basket shawl along with some other patterns for future projects from Fiber Trends today.

I have recently become obsessed with Lace. Show me your most recent project, you may ask? Well that is the problem. I have no time to knit.

I have an exam this Wednesday and am hoping to finish my super secret project for my new niece after that is done. I also have one more sock to do to match my previously posted red Harlot sock.

In the meantime I discovered the most beautiful shawl I have ever seen here:

http://lacefreak.blogspot.com/2007/10/herbert-nieblings-lyra-who-is-that.html


Unfortunately, the pattern is not readily available, but can be obtained by purchasing an old Anna Magazine off E-bay for an arm and a leg. It is by Herbert Nieblings, my new favorite person, if one can be so dearly attached to a dead shawl/doily designer whose shawls I have never knit, but fawned over through Ravelry and blogs.

I was seriously considering asking a friend of my husbands, who travels to Germany occasionally to go into every knitting store he could find in Germany and ask them for all of Nieblings patterns so that I might personally translate them, just so I could have them.....until that is, my husband told me I was not allowed for fear of said friends masculinity if he dared enter a knitting store. Ah why can't more men understand this obsession?

I think Niebling patterns may need a surgeon generals warning: Knitting this shawl may be addictive.

Instead I may try Frosted Ferns, a free-pattern. For a yahoo group dedicated to him that includes a chart and notes on the Frosted Ferns Pattern go here.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love working with the Misti Alpaca Lace; it looks beautiful in lace knitting. Just be forewarned that it sheds A LOT when you're knitting with it, so keep a lint brush handy!