Monday, May 03, 2010

52 Weeks in Photographs: My Morning Ritual 1/52


I love the idea of the 365 days in photographs that I have seen on many blogs as a way to improve your photography skills and look for creative subjects. Perhaps my photo foray to Tyler Arboretum this weekend has inspired me. However, I know that a photograph every day is just not feasible for me. On my days off this is not a problem, but I work 12+ hour shifts and on those days it is tough to muster enough energy to feed myself, let alone find a suitable photography subject.

It then dawned on me that I might have an alternative that would serve the same purpose, but not be quite as time consuming and demanding.

What if I did one photograph per week? This would give me flexibility to shoot on my days off, but still give me the benefits of improving my skills.

So here is the first of what I hope will be a year in pictures.

I thought I would start off with one of my favorite times of day: my morning cup of coffee. I love coffee, and having a cup in the morning is in my opinion the best part of the day. I love the smell, the taste, the caffeine. I am both a coffee snob and a coffee junkie. I prefer freshly ground whole bean, and luckily have a machine that does all the steps for me (grind, brew). But given a tight spot, I will drink almost any coffee.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: