Monday, June 04, 2007

Fruit Caps


Everyone is having babies! I picked up the Ann Norling Fruit Cap pattern recently, and set out to make these adorable hats for all the girls that I work with who are having babies. I was a little nervous about the color knitting after Dave's Bengals Hat, but it went very smoothly, and now I want to try some Fair-Isle! So cute.


The yarn is Cotton Classic, 100% Mercerised Cotton. This is machine washable. I also bought yarn to do strawberries, but the lemon is perfect for little boys or unknown sex as most of my coworkers don't know what they are having. Size is 6 months. It is knit using Size 8 double-points. I must be a tight knitter because I find that pretty consistently I have to go up a needle size for almost all patterns.

2 skeins of yellow and 1 skein of green will make 3 hats. I have one more lemon to make, but yarn to make 3 Strawberry caps, plus some leftover green as I bought 1 skein of green to each of the contrasting color when I really only needed 1 for every 2 skeins of color.

No comments: