Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Blue Bonnet

I have knit this pattern many times before, but it is always more fun to make something for your own, soon to arrive, child.


Pattern: Baby Bonnet by Joelle Hoverson from Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Made for: Baby Girl
Yarn: Rowan Calmer
Needles: US size 10.5 for cast on, 9 for body and 10 for I-cord
Started:  July 19, 2012
Completed: December 14, 2012

As I was linking the yarn to a Ravelry link, I noticed that Rowan Calmer may have been discontinued which is a shame.  I have used this yarn several times and I love its softness and drape.  I have found it the perfect yarn for this bonnet and also used it for my February Lady Sweater.  I think I may have enough in my stash for one or two more of these bonnets.

There is lots of other blocking and finishing happening this week, so be on the lookout for more posts to come.


No comments: