Monday, December 24, 2012

In the Zone and Even Seasoned Knitters Make Mistakes

I am officially in baby knitting zone. Here is a new project I started. The pattern is Pembroke and it is a vest I am knitting in Knit Picks Comfy. I love the deep blue color and Comfy is so soft!



I think little boys in vests have an irresistible preppy adorable look and therefore it is only fitting that I should make a vest for my son.

I cast on this project after I realized I couldn't begin a Fruit Cap I was planning to match one I already knit for baby girl. I ordered the color yarn I wanted from Webs, but when it arrived I realized instead of Tahki Cotton Classic, I ordered Tahki Cotton Classic Lite which is actually a sport weight and not the DK weight of the contrasting yarn I already had in my stash. Doh! Rookie mistake, but new yarn is now ordered and while I await its arrival I needed a new project, and cast on the vest.

Here is the infamous yarn.  It will go in my stash for another project down the road.



No comments: